BlackRock warns South Korean utility on planned coal investments in Vietnam, Indonesia FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Bloomberg:BlackRock Inc. has challenged Korea Electric Power Corp. over plans to invest in new coal-fired power plants in Vietnam and Indonesia.The world’s top asset manager raised concerns over “several controversial coal projects” with a South Korean utility, including in meetings in the first quarter, it said in a report last month. BlackRock “contacted the CEO seeking a clear strategic rationale for its investments in coal energy,” it said, without naming the company.Kepco, as the utility is known, confirmed Thursday that it received a letter from BlackRock, which it said requested fuller disclosure of its planned involvement in new coal-fired plants overseas.BlackRock’s Chief Executive Officer Larry Fink in January pledged that the firm would make climate change a priority across its funds, becoming one of the highest-profile proponents for climate-friendly investing.Kepco is seeking to buy a stake in the Vung Ang 2 project in Vietnam, the spokesman said Thursday. It also said in January that it’s pursuing involvement in the Java 9 & 10 coal-fired power projects in Indonesia.BlackRock said in its Global Quarterly Stewardship Report that the South Korean company’s plans appear to contravene the utility’s energy transition commitments and are at odds with decisions by banks and other companies to exit the same projects.[David Stringer, Heesu Lee and Aaron Clark]More: BlackRock warns Korean utility on overseas coal plant push
ATTORNEYS TAKE THE FIELD! Former University of Florida Gator football players who have gone on to become attorneys were honored on the field in Gainesville immediately before the recent UF-University of Miami game as part of the Bar’s Dignity in Law public awareness campaign promoting the good work lawyers and judges perform every day. “It was exhilarating as an attorney to be on the field and to hear the warm reception from the fans to the on-field presentation,” said Bar President Tod Aronovitz. “It was vibrant, and very well received.” Fans also were treated to a 30-second jumbotron spot that ran along with the introduction of the former Gators. The jumbotron spot also can be seen at www.FLABAR.org by clicking on the football icon “Power on the Field,” Dignity in Law takes to the college gridiron. A similar presentation is set for October 12 in the Orange Bowl when Florida State University takes on UM. Plans are also in the works for presentations at an FSU home game and a Florida A&M sporting event. Pictured from the left are Aronovitz, UF Law Dean Jon Mills, and former Gators David Bludworth, Bruce Culpepper, Brad Culpepper, Broughton Lang, Tony Leon, Bill Lee, Wayne McCall, Matthew Morrall, and David Peek. October 1, 2002 Regular News Dignity in Law
On Dec. 23, 2019, an anonymous tip led Miami police officers and federal agents to board the rapper’s Gulfstream V jet at Opa-Locka Executive Airport after a trip from California, according to The Miami Herald. Onboard, in a Coach bag belonging to the musician, the agents reported finding a gold-plated .45-caliber Glock handgun with a pearl grip. According to a warrant, Lil Wayne said he had received the gun as a Father’s Day gift.Authorities also reported finding bullets, cocaine, ecstasy, marijuana, heroin, pain killers and prescription-strength cough syrup, along with $25,938 in cash, according to the warrant, though Lil Wayne has not been charged with any drug-related offenses. The multiplatinum rapper Lil Wayne, 38, was charged on Tuesday with one count of possessing a firearm and ammunition as a felon, according to a court filing by the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida, stemming from a search of a private jet in Miami last December. He faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted.Lil Wayne, born Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., previously pleaded guilty to attempted possession of a weapon in connection with a gun that was found on his tour bus in Manhattan in 2007. He served eight months of a one-year sentence at Rikers Island jail.- Advertisement –
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis It started as a grassroots movement but now Farm to Fork Alcona is cruising, receiving a matching grant for $7,500 from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation.The Alcona community raised more than $7,500 through offline and online donations. For online donations, they utilized Patronicity to gather the funds. They also made it possible to donate at Alpena Alcona Credit Union. This matching grant will help provide more educational opportunities for locals who want to learn more about the farm to fork movement and how they can benefit. It will also help create events for farms, vendors, business entrepreneurs, and youth to gather together. The goal is to make an economic impact and get more people coming to Alcona county.Dietitian and farm to fork representative, Judy MacNeill talks about the importance and input from the community to embrace the movement and continue to search for economic success in the fertile region. Alcona has seen tough times with farmers growing older, and small businesses closing up shop. With the farm to fork movement, MacNeill hopes that it will reverse the economic downturn and get Alcona County on the map as a beacon for locally sourcing produce.More information can be found at:https://www.facebook.com/FarmToForkAlcona/To donate or find out more information visit: https://www.patronicity.com/project/farm_to_fork_alcona#!/AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Firefighters Unique Day of TrainingNext Alcona Elementary Celebrates Science Week
A lot has already been talked about the Mi Mix 3. Previously, rumours had revealed that the Mi Mix 3 will launch on September 15, but sadly enough that didn’t happen. Xiaomi has now officially confirmed that the Mi Mix 3 will go official in the month of October. The launch date is yet to be revealed.Ahead of the launch, the Mi Mix 3 has been subjected to several leaks and rumours which give us a fair idea about the design and specifications of the phone. The Mi Mix 2S didn’t see a lot of changes in the design department compared to the predecessor — Mi Mix 2. But, things are going to change with the Mi Mix 3. Xiaomi is expected to revamp the complete design of the Mi Mix 3 compared to the previous generation phones — Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix. Interestingly, the Mi Mix 3 will come with a slider which will sport the selfie camera, earpiece and sensors. The Mi Mix 3 will be a bezel-less phone and there’ll be no notch, Xiaomi confirmed via an official teaser.The slider will be the highlighting factor of the Mi Mix 3. And the newly leaked picture and a GIF also show the same. The picture shows a massive display with the setting tab opened on it, which reveals the presence of Xiao AI assistant on the phone. Going in line with the past rumours, the new one also suggests that the Mi Mix 3 will sport a dedicated Xiao AI assistant button placed on the either side of the phone, possibly on the right.advertisementThe Xiao AI is expected to work quite similar to Samsung’s Bixby smart assistant, which means it will help users with their day-to-day life. Xiao AI will help users wake up the device in just a click. It will also let users ask questions by long pressing and holding the button. Based on its search, Xiaomi AI will answer to the asked question. Xiao AI will also let users customise the action of double-pressing the button to any shortcut of their choice.The leaked GIF shows someone using the Mi Mix 3 and demonstrating how quick and smooth the slider is. It also shows the speed at which the on-screen fingerprint unlocks the phone. The GIF is quite similar to a video of the Mi Mix 3 which was leaked a couple of weeks ago. It shows the phone with a slider which consists of a selfie camera, earpiece and the sensors. In the GIF, the Mi Mix 3 is seen with full-screen notch less display. The GIF, however, doesn’t reveal how the slider will work during calls, will it slide up or retain its original position? Well, these are questions that are yet to be answered by Xiaomi. We will get to know these minor details only at the launch of the phone.ALSO READ: Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 launch confirmed for October, will come with Oppo Find X-like camera sliderPrevious rumours have revealed that the Mi Mix 3 will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset paired with 6GB RAM/8GB RAM. The Mi Mix 3 is said to come with two cameras on the back with a 20MP main camera with OIS and EIS. As of yet, there are no concrete details on the selfie camera. Some rumours also reveal that the Mi Mix 3 will come with wireless charging support. The Mi Mix 3 is expected to start somewhere around 3799 Yuan, which roughly translates to Rs 40,300. As of now, there’s no word if the Xiaomi will bring the Mi Mix 3 to India or not.